[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

Rob Allen rob at akrabat.com
Fri May 13 08:02:50 CDT 2016

> On 13 May 2016, at 07:22, Vladimir.S via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> It seems like all problems could be solved by allowing line-break instead of comma in list:

For what it's worth, I'm very much in favour of this idea of allowing line breaks instead of commas in lists.

I'm neutral on trailing commas in the parameter lists & tuples. I can the the consistency argument, but think that trailing commas should only be used for multi-line lists; in which case a new line character is better as there would be less visual clutter without any of the commas.

Regards,

Rob...