[swift-evolution] [Draft] Introducing StaticSelf, an Invariant Self

LM laurent.mihalkovic at gmail.com
Fri May 13 06:21:41 CDT 2016

The other advantage of Self! over StaticSelf is that in code completion, Self, Self? Self! Will come together, giving people a quick tool to discover/remind themselves of the semantic difference right at the point of use.

It might also address Joe's comment about StaticSelf not being much of a shortcut.