[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0075: Adding a Build Configuration Import Test
krzysztof at siejkowski.net
Fri May 13 02:12:13 CDT 2016
* What is your evaluation of the proposal?
It attacks a real problem that is met regularly when working on multi-platform code.
I also like `canImport`. As it’s gonna be used mostly after #if, the whole statement becomes very readable.
* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Definitely. Also, now is the good time to introduce such a change, since the multiplatform use of Swift is only getting momentum.
* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
I do think so. Swift was always presented with a vision of language of the future, something that can take place of C++ in the terms of the best solution to write multiplatform code. A great community effort has already introduced basic support for Android, RaspberryPi, multiple Linux distros. The differences in frameworks availability and naming are unavoidable.
* If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
No, I haven’t. I’ve been bitten by problems coming from a lack of such a feature in other languages, though.
* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I’ve read the proposal and related discussion.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the swift-evolution