[swift-evolution] [swift-evolution-announce] [Review] SE-0084: Allow trailing commas in parameter lists and tuples

Rainer Brockerhoff rainer at brockerhoff.net
Thu May 12 08:22:24 CDT 2016

On 5/11/16 14:29, Ricardo Parada via swift-evolution wrote:
> Dropping the commas looks good and doesn't look like someone made a mistake. I don't know what other implications / complications dropping the commas would have but I like it.
>
>> On May 11, 2016, at 12:20 PM, Vladimir.S via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>>
>> Personally I support the idea of dropping comma in array/dict to allow line break separate elements(like operations in Swift code):
>> let a = [
>>    10
>>    20
>>    30
>>    40
>>    ]
>>
>> let d = [
>>    10 : "a"
>>    20 : "b"
>>    30 : "c"
>>    40 : "d"
>>    ]

I'm +1 on allowing either trailing commas *or* a line-break instead of
where a comma is expected.

Just as we allow a line-break where a semicolon is expected in a list of
statements.

-1 on making trailing commas mandatory, just as I'm against making
semicolons mandatory again :-)

--
Rainer Brockerhoff  <rainer at brockerhoff.net>
Belo Horizonte, Brazil