[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0088: Modernize libdispatch for Swift 3 naming conventions

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Wed May 11 00:31:58 CDT 2016

Did not see this proposal coming down the pipeline, but a more Swift-like
GCD will be fantastic. In terms of painting the bike shed, I'm not quite
sure about having adverbs "synchronously" and "asynchronously" as method
names. Conveniently, "sync" and "async" avoid the issue entirely, and they
are pretty widespread and acceptable as terms of art, no?

One more nit: "DispatchSourceMachRecv" in the table, but
"DispatchSourceMachReceive" in the code sample.