[swift-evolution] [RFC] #Self

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Tue May 10 09:50:29 CDT 2016

As a compile-time substitution, it could be used in any and all of the examples in your bullet list as a literal text replacement..

Quick rundown:

struct A {
   ...#Self... // #Self is substituted by A
}

class B {
    ...#Self... // Self is substituted by B
}

class C {
   ... #Self... // Self is substituted by C, which is the defining type at compile time
}

I'm stepping away from endorsing or pushing this forward. If you want to pick this up and run with it, it's yours.

-- E