[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0086: Drop NS Prefix in Swift Foundation

David Hart david at hartbit.com
Mon May 9 17:49:14 CDT 2016

> What is your evaluation of the proposal?
+1 I already gave my opinion in the original discussion but I’ll summarise it here. I understand the fears that this proposal may inhibit us in the future from making the modifications that Foundation needs to make it feel more Swifty. But I think that those fears are maybe exaggerated and that this proposal is the first step in the right direction.

> Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
This could mean the difference between a good and a great adoption of corelibs-foundation, so I think it definitely is significant enough.

> Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
Definitely.

> If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
Not applicable to this proposal.

> How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I read the proposal in detail and followed the heated debate around the pitch :)