[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Including yes/no in stdlib as aliases for true/false

Jacopo Andrea Giola swift-evolution at jacopo.giola.org
Thu May 5 04:56:55 CDT 2016

-1 for me as well.

One of the most FAQ of other fellow developers coming from other languages are often confuse by the YES/NO boolean in Obj-C and always asks why I use those and not true/false (and don’t get me started on nil/Nil/NULL).
I don’t want to find in the future discussion on StackOverflow with titles like “What are the differences between true/yes/on and false/no/off in Swift?” or “Is more correct to use yes or on in method x?”

Jacopo