[swift-evolution] SE-0063: SwiftPM System Module Search Paths - JSON output of install dependencies of a package

Vadim Eisenberg VADIME at il.ibm.com
Thu Apr 14 22:38:25 CDT 2016

Fair enough. Thank you, sorry for being late with my comment, great
proposal, no other remarks.

From:   Max Howell <max.howell at apple.com>
To:     Vadim Eisenberg/Haifa/IBM at IBMIL
Cc:     swift-evolution at swift.org
Date:   04/15/2016 01:04 AM
Subject:        Re: [swift-evolution] SE-0063: SwiftPM System Module
Search Paths - JSON output of install dependencies of a package
Sent by:        max.howell at apple.com

According to the proposal:
> We do not wish to provide a flag to automatically install dependencies
via the system packager. ... Instead we can provide JSON output that can
be parsed and executed by some other tooling developed outside of Apple.

This feature could be crucial for tools for automatic deployment of swift
applications, e.g. for cloud deployment tools. It is not clear if this
feature is part of future work or an optional extension to the proposal.
Could this feature have its own subsection in the proposal? Can the
proposal hint in some way that this feature is a "first-class citizen"
part of the proposal and has to be implemented?

Let?s just say I?ll build it as part of the initial work.

It would be a pity to delay the proposal by another week to clarify this
section.