[swift-evolution] TreeLiteralConvertible

davesweeris at mac.com davesweeris at mac.com
Thu Apr 14 16:21:43 CDT 2016

I think a better solution than just adding a TreeLiteral (and the accompanying TreeLiteralConvertible protocol) would be to allow user-defined literal types using regex (or something similar). This would not only allow for tremendous flexibility, but it’d remove some compiler magic as well.

There’d have to be some rules regarding overlapping definitions… The simplest I can think of is make it an error to not do type annotation when there’s more than one way to parse a literal, but I’m not sure that’s necessarily the best.

- Dave Sweeris