[swift-evolution] What about a VBA style with Statement?

Kurt Werle kurt at circlew.org
Wed Apr 13 10:34:49 CDT 2016

I've always thought that the with construct is not a good idea.  It seems
to me that the moment you want to use with it indicates that you are
getting too much into some other classes business; shouldn't that class
deal with this?  Why are you exposing/integrating so much of some other
class's logic?  Maybe there should be a method that does all this, or maybe
a custom struct that passes all the appropriate information...

Yeah, there are exceptions - always.  But for the most part I'm not a fan.

Kurt
--
kurt at CircleW.org
http://www.CircleW.org/kurt/