[swift-evolution] What about a VBA style with Statement?

Sean Heber sean at fifthace.com
Wed Apr 13 09:25:32 CDT 2016

This pair works pretty well, too, if you don’t mind free functions:

func with<T>(inout this: T, @noescape using: inout T->Void) { using(&this) }
func with<T>(this: T, @noescape using: T->Void) { using(this) }

It works either with classes or mutable structs if you call it correctly and the type doesn’t matter.

l8r
Sean