[swift-evolution] [Draft]: Introducing a striding(by:) method on 3.0 ranges

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 03:27:22 CDT 2016

On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Wallacy via swift-evolution
<swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> Just as note, i think the sintax should be:
>
> 0...9
> 0..<9
> 0>..9
> 0>.<9
>
> Because the intention is produce a number bigger than 0 (start). So greater
> than zero less than nine.

That's not typically how it's written in math. When x is between two
values a and b, it's written a < x < b. The pointy end of the symbol
faces the smaller value. Here, 0 is the smaller value, so the pointy
end must face it, as in `0 <.. 9` and `0 <.< 9`.