[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0059: Update API Naming Guidelines and Rewrite Set APIs Accordingly

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Mon Apr 4 15:22:50 CDT 2016

> Indeed, OED points out that modern usage is "chiefly military." Probably an argument against its usage here.

It seems to me that what you're sort of saying is "replaceWith", but that's kind of a mouthful. A quick thesaurus check suggests that the only decent single-world alternative would be "substitute", but that sounds like a regex operation. I think this is a dead end.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies