[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0059: Update API Naming Guidelines and Rewrite Set APIs Accordingly

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 11:20:42 CDT 2016

Hmm, "emplace" looks like more or less a synonym for "install." I
don't think it suggests that the object is being put in place of the
subject. The latest example in the Oxford English Dictionary, from
2010, is:
"Insurgents would hastily emplace victim-activated IEDs...after
Pathfinder came through."
Here, the IEDs are not taking the place of the insurgents.