[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Fri Mar 25 17:24:00 CDT 2016

> I cannot come up with a single use-case in my code for fileprivate and would love
> some real world examples where you'd want visibility in a single file but not across
> an entire module.

Glad I'm not the only one to reply that request ;-), and I have something to add as well:
Operators.
Afair there's a discussion about including operator-methods as part of a type, but until this is possible, we have to rely on the current "private" if the operator needs full access (or methods that are called by the operator — I actually like this pattern, but others may disagree on that).