[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0047 Defaulting non-Void functions so they warn on unused results
william at housedillon.com
Wed Mar 16 15:13:06 CDT 2016
• What is your evaluation of the proposal?
• Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
Probably, yes. It’s not a problem in the sense that something is broken, but I believe that the philosophy of swift regarding safety and the avoidance of bugs justifies this change.
• Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
• If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
I don’t believe so.
• How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
Read the proposal and followed the discussion on the ML.
More information about the swift-evolution