[swift-evolution] Thank you, bye for now.

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Tue Mar 15 19:32:09 CDT 2016

[swift-evolution -> BCC so we take the remainder of the conversation private]

Hi Ted,

> On Mar 15, 2016, at 4:10 AM, Ted F.A.van Gaalen via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues
>
> I’ve been on swift-evolution for a few weeks now
> and I hope you liked at least some of
> my contributions and ideas.
>
> I won’t be on swift-evolution for some time,
> because there are other things I must  do,
> which have higher priority.
>
> However, what also influenced my decision
> was a hostile email I have have received
> from someone who writes frequently on
> swift-evolution. Positive feedback on that
> from me was ignored. It doesn’t matter
> wo that person is. I am not very good in dealing
> with arrogance, too much ego and hypocrisy.
>
> It was a pleasure to interact with so many creative
> an inspiring people! I am sure this will
> further improve Swift.
>
> I would like to thank Chris and the other members
> of the Swift Core Team for creating such a good
> language that Swift already is!

We strive to maintain an open and welcoming community. It’s why we’ve had a code of conduct <https://swift.org/community/#code-of-conduct> governing our community from day one, and we take it seriously. I understand that you’re upset, but please help us address the underlying problem by contacting either conduct at swift.org <mailto:conduct at swift.org> or, if you prefer, one of the core team members <https://swift.org/community/#community-structure>.

	- Doug