[swift-evolution] SE-0025: Scoped Access Level, next steps

Brandon Knope bknope at me.com
Tue Mar 15 11:44:24 CDT 2016

I am really not in favor of the parametrized access keywords.

To me, private(module) and private(file) seem redundant. Module already implies it is restricted to the module, and file already implies it is restricted to the file so the private keyword just seems unnecessary in my opinion.

“unknown” could just be local or file
“internal” really should become “module” or “modular” for clarity reasons