[swift-evolution] [DRAFT] Introducing a Debug Build Configuration Test

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Tue Mar 15 11:15:11 CDT 2016

> On Mar 14, 2016, at 2:04 PM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Erica,
>
> Based on Joe's rationale that you are quoting, I think the intent is
> that we want to restrict this directive to be statement-level only.
> The API vended by a module should not be affected by the build mode.
>
> Dmitri

Could the debug build test take the form of a standard non-private function then
instead of _isDebugAssertConfiguration()? If the test is limited to methods,
introducing #if-style tests would be ugly.

How likely or easy is it for me to reframe the request for testing for debug to be as
simple as:

`if debugBuild() {...}`

with `debugBuild` vended by the standard library instead of as a build
configuration test?

-- E