[swift-evolution] [Idea] Deprecate the 'default' keyword.

Xiaodi Wu xiaodi.wu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:42:23 CST 2016

Not sure if you're directing the follow-up questions to me in
particular. But, speaking only as some guy on a mailing list, my two
cents are:

If the proposal to allow dot-keywords succeeds, then I cannot see any
particular reason why reprising this discussion will lead anywhere
other than re-rejection, since the key justification for re-evaluation
will be moot. If the proposal to allow dot-keywords fails, then as
Brent said we may have a changed calculus due to the switch to
lowercase for enum cases and option set values. Until that plays out
it seems to me this discussion may be premature.

FWIW, that a change in naming convention puts commonly used names in
conflict with reserved keywords is an insight that I don't remember
being raised in the original discussion about case conventions for
enum cases; I wonder if all involved in that discussion might have
changed their minds if this had been pointed out more prominently
earlier.