[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0025 Scoped Access Level

Joseph Lord joseph at human-friendly.com
Fri Feb 26 19:52:56 CST 2016

The key differences are:

1) You are already the file implementing on that area of code if you are in the same file.
2) The file shouldn't be that big whereas the module is likely to have hundreds of files and several people on it.
3) There are performance benefits to be had with private (at least when Whole Module Optimisation is off).

I'm not too worried if it does get included it just seems the gains will be quite small. Can you point me to some code that would really benefit or where the lack of it has caused mistakes or problems in the past?

Joseph