[swift-evolution] For discussion: Including source code alongside binaries

Craig Cruden ccruden at novafore.com
Fri Feb 12 16:39:12 CST 2016

I don’t understand that — I would think it would be up to the development (IDE) environment.  Swift code is open-source and can be installed, without bundling (assuming the IDE can handle it).  Just have to make sure that there is a source package that corresponds to a given release that could be downloaded.

For the most part it would be a function of the development environment, not of the Swift language.