[swift-evolution] Analysis of case conventions for initialisms

Jessy Catterwaul mr.jessy at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 08:17:24 CST 2016

>  (I think the rule Jessy was using would be the following.)
>
> func hTMLDigest(for hTML: String) -> HTMLDigest
>
> > If an initialism is used, treat each letter as its own word.

Nearly. This case either represents a pseudo-initializer, or a named subscript, depending on whether the digest exists already.

If the digest is being created, pseudo-initializer:
func HTMLDigest(hTML: String) -> HTMLDigest

If the digest exists already, and you’re looking it up:
subscript hTMLDigests[hTML hTML: String] -> HTMLDigest

…which would be approximated with parentheses until we have named subscripts.
func hTMLDigests(hTML hTML: String) -> HTMLDigest