[swift-evolution] Support for pure setters

Sune Foldager cyano at me.com
Wed Feb 3 15:31:50 CST 2016

> On 03 Feb 2016, at 22:02, Jessy Catterwaul via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> I do not agree about the implication. A property can be gotten, set, or both, in at least C#, where I used a ton of set-only properties.

Well, in C# it’s possible, sure, but it’s considered bad practice (see for example https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182165.aspx <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182165.aspx>), and I wouldn’t want it for Swift. Being a property implies it’s “variable-like” at least to some extent.

~Sune