[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Use inout at function call sites

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sat Jan 30 09:04:46 CST 2016

> I started poking around. It looks like the rules for calls with functions are different from those with operators. At least in the following example, the operator version doesn't need the &. Any idea why?
Seems I'm to late with the answer — but at least my theory was right:
Assignment-operators would look ugly (imagine all those "inout x = y" ;-)

For me, it would be ok if inout parameters had no special syntax at all — afaik, "&" is just a hint for the possible mutation which could be highlighted typographically (but I'm rather fearless and trust in methods I'm calling :)

Tino