[swift-evolution] Pitch: (Almost) std libs

David Turnbull dturnbull at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 18:42:58 CST 2016

The org isn't private so I'm not sure what you're trying to join on GitHub
but you can contact me off-list to figure it out.

The core team is very small and super busy. You're asking them to take on
more administrative work and responsibility. If they were interested in
doing so at this time I'm sure someone would have joined the conversation.

I'm trying a different approach. Maybe it won't get very far because I'm
not influential enough. But if I can herd enough code to demonstrate the
potential of this idea, it's a lot easier to ask Apple to take on extra
work.

Ideas like this are substantially different from language changes. They can
alter the evolution of Swift but you can't put it in a typical proposal.
Think of my GitHub experiment as a proposal, not an implementation.

-david