[swift-evolution] Pitch: Import Objective-C Constants as Enums

Jeff Kelley slaunchaman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:14:38 CST 2016

I have updated the proposal <https://github.com/SlaunchaMan/swift-evolution/blob/import-objc-constants/proposals/0000-import-objc-constants.md> to use struct over enum (https://github.com/SlaunchaMan/swift-evolution/blob/import-objc-constants/proposals/0000-import-objc-constants.md).

> On Jan 20, 2016, at 11:01 PM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:
>
> FWIW, I suggest that you put “String” somewhere in the title of your proposal when you revise it.

Would this need to be limited to strings? There are other “magic constants” that could conceivably be imported as structs—I’m thinking, for instance, error codes.

Jeff Kelley

SlaunchaMan at gmail.com | @SlaunchaMan <https://twitter.com/SlaunchaMan> | jeffkelley.org <http://jeffkelley.org/>