[swift-evolution] Make link to main proposals always on top

Maximilian Hünenberger m.huenenberger at me.com
Thu Jan 21 18:51:04 CST 2016

> Am 22.01.2016 um 01:16 schrieb Jordan Rose <jordan_rose at apple.com>:
>
> My reaction was mostly "eh" because many mail clients thread responses, making it not too hard to jump back to the first message in a thread. That's not always where a proposal link lives, but usually it is.

> I don't usually look through a response message to find a proposal link in the first place.

That's true therefore it should be a separated section at the top.

> I don't have objections to this. I know I'll forget to do it, but that's true of any new practice, so I can learn.

That's also true. So maybe only the proposer should do that in order to keep the responses relatively clean.

- Maximilian

PS:
Was this the right way/place to make such a proposal?
I also want to propose better organized mailing list archives in order to make proposals (better) searchable and avoid too many duplicate suggestions. Should I do it on this mailing list?