[swift-evolution] [proposal] Either in the Swift Standard Library

Developer devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:22:18 CST 2016

Now that I think about it, `fold` is not a great name for the cata on Either, [too bad `either is taken!].  Rust calls it `unwrap_or`, so maybe `unwrapLeft`, `unwrap`, etc?  Also, we’ve found some use for partial projections in JSON parsing libraries, so it might be worth looking into adding them to the proposal.

extension Either {
	var fromLeft : LeftValue? {
		switch self {
		case let .Left(l):