[swift-evolution] ternary operator ?: suggestion

Charles Constant charles at charlesism.com
Thu Jan 7 02:07:51 CST 2016

I'd be delighted with the syntax you prefer. I'd be delighted with most of
the suggestions here too, tbh, though my favourite now is the most recent I
suggested.

>  would this feature pay for itself?

If I were coding in a big team, I'd think the fact alone that neither I nor
anyone else in the company, can come along and polute my assignment with
unrelated code is a plus.

As it stands, every "switch" statement requires the person reading to
review the whole thing. With the current proposal, it's not going to
compile unless the statement only contains an assignment.