[swift-evolution] [Review] Replace `typealias` keyword with `associatedtype` for associated type declarations
lparkyn at prosoft.com
Wed Jan 6 18:42:53 CST 2016
1. What is your evaluation of the proposal?
I think the proposal has merit. It seeks to clarify a possible confusing issue.
I’m late to this issue, however, and perhaps because I read through everything in one go, but the keyword that came to me was “conformancetype”.
We’re talking protocols and protocols are about conformance - including the use a particular type within the protocol.
Although it looks longer “conformancetype” it is only one character more than “associatedtype"
2. Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?
I agree the change is warranted.
3. Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?
I believe it does fit well with the feel and direction of the language.
4. If you have used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?
5. How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?
I studied the proposal and discussions.
6. Please state explicitly whether you believe that the proposal should be accepted into Swift.
I think proposal should be accepted.
- Lyle Parkyn
More information about the swift-evolution