[swift-evolution] [Proposal draft] Generalized Naming for Any Function

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Mon Dec 28 15:09:22 CST 2015

> and you could access the unapplied lens for an instance property using `Type.property` syntax, analogous to how `Type.method` works. I feel like if we did that, then it would obviate the need for explicit `property.get` or `property.set` for most native Swift uses, though maybe not ObjC interop uses.

I feel like if you don't have a way to fetch an unbound getter, you're missing the 90% case, which is constructs like:

	let textValues = textViews.map(.#text.get)

I do agree with you that the setter is usually far less useful—although the ReactiveCocoa people might not agree with us on that.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies