[swift-evolution] Lambda function syntax

Andrey Tarantsov andrey at tarantsov.com
Tue Dec 22 20:30:24 CST 2015

So I believe the opinion of the core team and the community would be generally in opposition to the style you want. I understand your arguments, but somehow they are against the entire experience of me (and, presumably, others) as developers.

To continue our friendly banter, though, do you mind sharing your background? When I read this, I wasn't sure if you're serious or trolling:

> I would propose changing it from:
>
> { (param_list) -> return_type in … }
>
> to something cleaner like:
>
> (param_list) -> return_type => { … }

I wonder if doing something like Haskel a lot makes you more used to that sort of arrow constructs?

This is written in good faith; I hope I used the right tone to indicate that.

A.