[swift-evolution] Brace syntax

Dennis Lysenko dennis.s.lysenko at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 22:18:36 CST 2015

Also, Ruby has braces, though it is generally stylistically suggested to
only use them for inline blocks (arr.map { |x| x.name.chars.first }) and
when you don't use braces, you use even more verbose `do`/`end` syntax.

I don't know many people who have experienced a large variety (8+?) of
programming languages and prefer Python's forced indentation, but that's
just a point of style. Generally, I agree with all the stated points about
why braces are used, and Swift really seems to have been built with them in
mind.