[swift-evolution] Brace syntax

Félix Cloutier felixcca at yahoo.ca
Sat Dec 19 20:24:16 CST 2015

Python started in 1990 and Ruby started in 1995. Java started in 1996; C# in 2000; Go in 2010. These languages all use braces and are more recent than Python and Ruby. ALGOL 60, where 60 stands for 1960, didn't use braces either.

To me, that's basically a fashion point. Given that this doesn't seem to open any new possibility over what we have, I wouldn't be in favor of it.