[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Property behaviors

Joe Groff jgroff at apple.com
Thu Dec 17 18:39:40 CST 2015

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 4:36 PM, Joe Groff via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> There are several advantages over IUO that I see. The behavior can ensure that a mutable delayed var never gets reset to nil, and can dynamically enforce that an immutable delayed var/let isn't reset after it's been initialized. It also communicates intent; as I mentioned to Matthew in another subthread,

Sorry, trailed off here.  As I mentioned to Matthew in another subthread, the implementation of `delayed` could interact with the SIL diagnostic passes so that you still get DI errors in obviously wrong cases, like using the property before you `initialize` it, initializing it more than once, etc.

-Joe