[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Higher Kinded Types (Monads, Functors, etc.)

Will Fancher willfancher38 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:16:06 CST 2015

I do think that the use case of HKTs is limited mostly to those of us who really want to use Monads and the like. HKTs are a feature that I think round out Swift's generics' completeness, but the main application would be some niche third party packages that have various FP programming elements. If those libraries take off and become mainstream Swift, that's a sign that those libraries are a good thing to begin with. Otherwise, I doubt the horrible naming conventions of FP (and they are horrible) would be invasive to the Swift language as a whole.