[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Higher Kinded Types (Monads, Functors, etc.)

Andrey Tarantsov andrey at tarantsov.com
Thu Dec 17 07:15:03 CST 2015

...But I really do believe that this proposal needs a good list of very specific real-world use cases where FP enables something that isn't easily enabled otherwise.

The Future example could just implement it's own flatMap with a better name, so I don't see it as being a valid case. The image processing example is still unclear. I'm sure we can find 5 cases where FP really makes the code much smaller or easier to understand?

A.