[swift-evolution] Proposal: Weak Native Swift Containers

Riley Testut rileytestut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 17:31:46 CST 2015

Using box types solves the portability problems, but it still means O(n) access for clients who want to access the non-boxed values directly. Additionally, these objects aren’t automatically removed from the collection when their values are nil-ed out, which is unfortunate.

Side note: this is the route I originally tried to take, but unfortunately the Swift doesn’t work well with weak references to protocol types…