[swift-evolution] Proposal: Weak Native Swift Containers

Tommy van der Vorst tommy at pixelspark.nl
Thu Dec 10 17:01:06 CST 2015

Hi Riley,

Have you tried using an array of structs that in turn hold weak references to your objects? Something like this should work:

public class Weak<T: AnyObject>: NSObject {
	public private(set) weak var value: T?

	public init(_ value: T?) {
		self.value = value

let weakFoo: [Weak<Foo>] = [Weak<Foo>(foo), ...]

Comes with the overhead of one extra object instantiated per element, but perhaps this is acceptable for your use case.

/T