[swift-dev] Forums for swift.org workgroup: looking for volunteers

Nicole Jacque nicole_jacque at apple.com
Wed Nov 15 17:38:52 CST 2017

As Ted Kremenek has previously announced, we are in the process of moving the Swift mailing lists to Discourse. Previously the discussion was mostly about moving swift-evolution over to a forum, but the consensus from Ted and the Core Team was that should look to move all the lists to Discourse for consistency.

I will be shepherding the transition from the mailing lists to the forum. Rather than simply move the existing lists and structure as-is, we’d like to take this opportunity to explore new ways of organizing the forums to help foster communication and collaboration. We also have a number of new options that will be available with Discourse, that we’d like some input from the community on.

To help with this, I am looking for 3-4 volunteers from the Swift community to create a workgroup to discuss and create a plan for the structure for the Discourse-based forums. We will then present this plan back to the community. We are also investigating the possibility of having a preview version of the forums available for comment from the community.

If you would like to be part of this workgroup, please reply back to me and let me know!

Thanks!
Nicole