[swift-dev] Failure: Swift master branch build failing on x86 (Ubuntu 16.04).

Alex Blewitt alblue at apple.com
Fri Oct 6 07:21:41 CDT 2017

> On 6 Oct 2017, at 12:42, Atul Sowani via swift-dev <swift-dev at swift.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Swift "master" branch is failing to build on x86 running Ubuntu 16,04 with following error.

Most of the recent builds appear to be working:

https://ci.swift.org/view/swift-master-next/job/oss-swift-incremental-RA-linux-ubuntu-16_04-master-next/

> I am using following build command from inside swift-source/swift directory:
> utils/build-script -c -m -R --verbose-build

What version of the 'swift' project do you have checked out? Have you done a clean/reset to make sure those aren't issues at the moment?

You can run swift/utils/update-checkout --clean --reset-to-remote --scheme master (which will get rid of any cruft if you haven't got anything you need to keep) and then re-run the build to see if that resolves the errors.

Alex