[swift-dev] libdispatch switched to CMake

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Fri Sep 22 16:31:20 CDT 2017

Hey, Saleem. I don't build libdispatch that often, but it seems to be broken for me. If I delete the libdispatch-specific build directory and then use build-script with --reconfigure, it doesn't actually attempt to reconfigure.

[4/50] Performing build step for 'libdispatch'
FAILED: cd /home/jrose/public/build/Ninja-RelWithDebInfoAssert/libdispatch-linux-x86_64 && /usr/bin/cmake --build . && /usr/bin/cmake -E touch /home/jrose/public/build/Ninja-RelWithDebInfoAssert/swift-linux-x86_64/tools/SourceKit/libdispatch-prefix/src/libdispatch-stamp/libdispatch-build

When I deleted my entire build directory and built from scratch, libdispatch built, but Foundation couldn't see it.

Foundation/URLSession/http/HTTPURLProtocol.swift:325:19: error: use of undeclared type 'DispatchData'
        case data(DispatchData)

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Jordan