[swift-dev] [Swift CI] Build Failure: 1. OSS - Swift ASAN - OS X (master) #212

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Sun Mar 19 23:44:27 CDT 2017

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 4:59 PM, Greg Parker <gparker at apple.com> wrote:
>
> Michael, one of your changes broke all three ASAN bots. Please fix or revert ASAP.
>
> (Could this be related to https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/8169 <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/8169> ? I didn't confirm that the bot's change lists are correct.)

It is more complicated than you would think. I looked at this earlier. The change itself looks benign and in fact it was happening without ASAN when I had written it in a previous manner. I thought it was a compiler bug so I rewrote it in a simpler manner and the problem went away. If you look at 53eab13be8dd1202428af1b5c315f17c1ab02186, I am just moving some code into a method.

It is not related to the other PR which is due to more COW copies occuring. It appears that I fixed all of the COW issues with a release stdlib (when client is compiled in Debug), but there may be additional COW copies when the stdlib is compiled in Debug mode. = /.

Michael