[swift-dev] ArchetypeBuilder rename

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Tue Feb 7 18:59:31 CST 2017

Hi all,

The ArchetypeBuilder <https://github.com/apple/swift/blob/master/include/swift/AST/ArchetypeBuilder.h> class, whose primary responsibility is to validate, minimize, and canonicalize generic signatures, now has almost nothing to do with archetypes. I’d like to rename it to GenericSignatureBuilder. Two questions:

1) Does anyone have an issue with this new name?
2) Other than https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/7313 <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/7313> and https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/7319 <https://github.com/apple/swift/pull/7319>, does anyone have significant outstanding changes to the ArchetypeBuilder for which rebasing after a rename would be awful? If so, I can hold off on the rename for a bit longer.

	- Doug