[swift-dev] Including the requirement, but not the SILFunction in default witness tables

Michael Gottesman mgottesman at apple.com
Sat Dec 17 23:52:05 CST 2016

Hey Slava.

I just noticed that when we print out the SIL for default witness tables:

sil_default_witness_table _CVarArgAligned {
  no_default
  no_default
}

This really does not provide any information. Is it possible to include the requirement, but not the SILFunction. Then we could do this:

sil_default_witness_table _CVarArgAligned {
  method #_CVarArgAligned.foo: no_default
  method #_CVarArgAligned.bar: no_default
}

That is at least easy to read and states what the requirement is.

Michael