[swift-dev] Validating ABI consistency between runtime C++ and standard library Swift code

Daniel Dunbar daniel_dunbar at apple.com
Tue Oct 11 22:17:20 CDT 2016

Can you directly pass arguments to the function crossing the ABI boundary, and can you directly access them on the other side? If so, what you can do is simply synthesize arguments that cross the full range of the bit-representation of the argument types, and validate that you see the same range on the other side.

I don't know anything about what this interface looks like so I don't have more specific ideas, but if you can give me a little more context I've worked on this in the past...

Technically you can't necessarily compare the LLVM IR, since there are ways to represent the same ABI call with different #s of IR arguments in corner cases.

 - Daniel