[swift-dev] More Swift 3 Raspberry Pi 2 build problems

William Dillon william at housedillon.com
Tue Sep 20 15:06:21 CDT 2016

> On Sep 20, 2016, at 1:01 PM, Eric Wing <ewmailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/20/16, william <william at housedillon.com> wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Can you check whether what you're building on has this commit?
>> https://github.com/apple/swift-package-manager/commit/0268214b5477ca338b502c90aaa3e9ba50b68e18
>> <https://github.com/apple/swift-package-manager/commit/0268214b5477ca338b502c90aaa3e9ba50b68e18>
>>
>> There was a truncation of a bit pattern that was causing a trap on arm.
>>
>> It looks like you're using qemu, so it's possible that it's handling the
>> trap strangely.
>>
>> Also, for arm-specific build issues and the like, the swift-arm slack
>> channel may be helpful http://dev.iachieved.it:9909
>> <http://dev.iachieved.it:9909/>
>>
>> - Will
>>

> - Yes, that commit is in my tree.
> - I used qemu to build Swift itself, however, I'm using Swift to
> compile on a real Pi (which is where that assertion is hit).
> - I don't think I'm using Swift package manager. That is a direct
> invocation using swift -frontend -c
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Interesting...  It's this part of your logs that got me thinking about that:

--- bootstrap: note: building stage1:
/home/pi/Source/SWIFT/build/buildbot_linux/llbuild-linux-armv7/bin/swift-build-tool
-f /home/pi/Source/SWIFT/build/buildbot_linux/swiftpm-linux-armv7/.bootstrap/build.swift-build
qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
--- bootstrap: error: build failed with exit status -11
./utils/build-script: fatal error: command terminated with a non-zero
exit status 1, aborting
./utils/build-script: fatal error: command terminated with a non-zero
exit status 1, aborting

I thought that swift-build-tool is what is responsible for `swift build`

- Will