[swift-dev] Android: Build error: No such module "SwiftGlibc"

william william at housedillon.com
Sun Sep 18 21:52:41 CDT 2016

I've finally succeeded in re-creating the process for building (not on the Android port, mind).

The trick this time was to build without the install options:

./swift/utils/build-script -R

This should SUCCEED

Then, delete the swift build directory:

rm -rf build/Ninja-ReleaseAssert/swift-linux-armv7

Then, build swift again *with* the install options:

./swift/utils/build-script -R -- --install-swift --install-prefix=/usr '--swift-install-components=autolink-driver;compiler;clang-builtin-headers;stdlib;swift-remote-mirror;sdk-overlay;dev' --build-swift-static-stdlib --build-swift-static-sdk-overlay --skip-test-lldb --install-destdir=swift-install --installable-package=swift.tar.gz

If that succeeds, go ahead and build the whole project:

./swift/utils/build-script -R --llbuild --lldb --foundation --xctest --swiftpm --libdispatch -- --install-libdispatch --install-swift --install-lldb --install-llbuild --install-foundation --install-swiftpm --install-xctest --install-prefix=/usr '--swift-install-components=autolink-driver;compiler;clang-builtin-headers;stdlib;swift-remote-mirror;sdk-overlay;dev' --build-swift-static-stdlib --build-swift-static-sdk-overlay --skip-test-lldb --install-destdir=swift-install --installable-package=swift.tar.gz

I hope that helps.

- Will